[UPDATE] Artbox Bangkok will be at Suanluang Square from 21 Dec to 24 Dec 2017. Artbox Bangkok at Chatuchak has ENDED on 26 March 2017. Stay tuned for more updates!
Bangkok’s coolest night market meets the world’s largest flea market when Artbox comes to Chatuchak! Flea marketing can’t get any more epic than this.
What can you expect?
- All day AND all night flea marketing with Chatuchak Weekend, JJ Green and now Artbox all in one place!
- 7 months of artistic inspiration. This is the longest Artbox event, ever!
- Maybe Artbox will become permanent? Who knows!
- This area is now a hot bed of innovative markets in one place… more variety!
- You can now focus your holiday on just flea marketing by staying at nearby hotels.
What is it?
Container box styled Night Market with lots of artistic food creations and innovative products! Comes complete with gorgeous photo opportunities thanks to fairy-land lights that set the mood.
- Go in the evening or night time
- The best times to visit are between 5pm to 9pm, which is a perfect continuation of any Chatuchak shopping spree!
- Less hot in the evenings, and you can take nicer photos when the lights come on! The best part? You’ll completely avoid the glaring sun.
- Some shops have yet to open in the early afternoon
- There’s a lovely alfresco picnic and eating area for you to chill, wine and dine!
- Swoon to the serenades by awesome live band performances!
What to eat?
A tradition all over Bangkok since decades ago, whole trucks are converted into mobile kitchens and barsides serving scrumptious street food. They’re hard to find on the streets nowadays, but you can definitely find them parked here! Don’t be fooled – the food they dish out from the back of their trucks can rival some of the best street foods in Bangkok, and beat even some restaurants!
Grilled Beef Steak Bites
Wholesome, juicy, succulently marinated tender cuts in bite sizes? There’s nothing much more you can ask for… except maybe for second helpings!
The kind of seafood you normally find at the restaurants, but at flea market prices and no compromise on quality! Snack on ever fragrant flame-grilled clams, succulent scallops, the juiciest mussels and more while you shop!
Call it gimmicky, but it’s actually pretty yummy. Made to look out of this world, these desserts perhaps add more to the festive atmosphere of Artbox than fill your belly. Get it for novelty!
And lots lots more! Check out the 10 food we love at Artbox!
What to do?
Artbox invites some of Bangkok’s most aspiring young artists and artisans. They aren’t just here to sell their wares, they’re here to show off their skill too! Get yourself sketched in hand-drawn portraits, or take home one of thousands of locally hand-made products! These are truly the guys and gals who put the Art in Artbox.
So many creative products and creations are here for you to discover. From fizzy bath bombs to innovative clothing for yourself (and your pets), you’ll be in for delight after delight as you explore box after box at one of Bangkok’s most innovative night markets.
Where is it?
Kamphaeng Phet MRT Station – Exit 1
Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday
30th September 2016 to 26th March 2017 (ENDED)
12pm to 11pm
Plan your trip!
Visit Artbox first. Then visit Chatuchak Friday Night Market (Just walk through the MRT underpass from Exit 1 to Exit 2, and voila!)
Visit JJ Weekend Market (the main Chatuchak) in the day, then visit Artbox at night! (Just walk through the MRT underpass from Exit 2 to Exit 1)
Visit Artbox in the early evening around 5pm onwards. Then visit JJ Green Night Market to end off the night! (Walkable from Chatuchak Park MRT. We suggest taking a taxi instead. It’s easier and faster.)